It officially feels like Fall out there. That crisp cool air gets us thinking about delicious pumpkin spice lattes and cider donuts. Guess what, we can bring those flavors to the dinner table with a warm bowl of pumpkin spice soup. It is quick and easy to make and it's customizable. We'll need a handful of ingredients to cook up this cozy bowl of yumminess.
To make life easy, aka a good kitchen hack, buy canned pumpkin. Make sure it is NOT pumpkin pie filling, which is loaded with sugar. We can use premixed pumpkin spice or blend your own with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove. To add some heat to the soup add cayenne pepper.
1. Chop onion and apple. In a pot: combine olive oil, onion, apple, and seasoning. Sauté on medium heat until soft.
2. Add pumpkin puree.
3. Add liquids: light coconut milk and broth.
4. Bring to a simmer, cook for 25 minutes.
5. Blend soup with immersion blender or food processor.
6. Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds!
photo credit @asimplepalate
Silver Leaf Acupuncture
5 Crystal Pond Road, Southborough, MA 01772 | 781.361.9355
Serving patients from across Metrowest and Central Mass, including the towns of Southborough, Northborough, Westborough, Marlborough, Framingham, Hopkinton, Ashland, Shrewsbury, Worcester, and beyond.
© COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.